Thursday, April 23, 2015

Constructed self portrait


This self portrait was shot on a late night out in the middle of Red Rock mountain area. The image was created by using different colored lighting gels and using a technique called long exposure. To be able to achieve this you must be able to manually control a flash and have a secondary assistant flash it at your subjects face. For this image we modified the shutter speed to 3 seconds. During these 3 seconds the camera would be constantly collecting light information from the nearby environment. This include the mountains which are lit by the ery dim moon light and any lights illuminating the scene with the cars driving by. We set the subject, which was myself, in one constant spot and had the camera mounted on a stationary tripod. We then initiated the shutter and took the image. During the first second we flash myself with a normal warm color light. Then we changed the gel to with a red one and i moved my head and flashed again. Finally we did the same but changed the gel to a blue one. When the shot is finished in camera you will see a transparent type image of yourself in three different positions? I did this because I feel like it showed the different side of my emotions. They specific types of emotion are entirely up to your own opinion. I feel that this image even though it might not be the most breathtaking. My goal was to make you feel a bit uncomfortable and think about your own emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment