Thursday, June 11, 2015

Week 7 Weekly Photo: Adult Content

This weeks challenge was to recreate a vintage adult photography. I decided to use one of my photos I took recently of a model posing on a couch. My goal was to be able apply a cool effects that would make this image look like an old vintage photo. The issue I ran into was that the style of the photo that I took was a bit too modern. The lighting and quality of the image was very high and I spent most of my time trying to downgrade the image and make it look old. Which was surprisingly more difficult than I thought. I first added a film grain look to the image. With the film grain look I had to adjust it from size, intensity, and spread. Using other image references I found that the old films that they use to take these photos weren't necessarily bad it was very uniques and organic and varies between every shot and film stock. The common issue I found with the old vintage images where the lens and quality of the look. This was the downfall of the old cameras. Some vintage images had a great lens which made the image look sharp and clear while other where a bit faded. I believe this had to do with the decomposition of the film itself. It could be very possible that when the photo was originally shot and processed the image must of have been pretty clear and beautiful. Although I don't expect that some person was able to time travel back then and get there hands on a freshly process photo and was able to digital scan it then came back to post it online. Although there are a number of photographers that attempted to recreate the the old vintage look and some where very accurate and believable and the others where just to modern and didnt fit it.

No comments:

Post a Comment